Kalang Lane Reserve – Yowie Bay
Kalang Lane Reserve is located in a quiet pocket in beautiful Yowie Bay. Together with Sutherland Shire Council, CRS co-designed the new play area and supplied/installed the play and fitness equipment. The overall playspace has a lot to offer, such as:
- KliX Signature (Slide and Tower combination) – packed with play value for all ages and abilities;
- KliX Nature Play Trails and Ninja A-Frame – providing natural cognitive and physical benefits;
- KliX Enbankment Slide that connects the Ninja A-Frame area with the main play area below;
- Easy accessible low-level KliX Spinning Disc for little legs to climb onto;
- Sensory activity panels – great for toddlers to explore whilst shaded by the play structure;
- KliX Double-Bay swing area with a large Nest Seat, Strap Seat and Cub Seat – This setup enables carers to interact and play with children;
- KliX Fitness Station consists of state-of-the-art static bars and exercises instructions – great for a variety of ages and fitness levels.
This playspace offers more than just a fun recreation space. It also promotes the use of Ironbark timber, sourced from a sustainable Australian plantation. Ironbark has a Class 1 durability rating, perfect for structural use, longevity and is aesthetically pleasing as well.
Since the new playground opened, Sutherland Shire Council and CRS have received a lot of positive feedback from the Yowie Bay community.
Client: Sutherland Shire Council
Park Location: 6A Wonga Rd, Yowie Bay
KliX Play & Fitness Equipment:
- KliX Signature – Combination Slide Tower
- KliX Swings – Double Bay Swing
- Ninja A-Frame
- KliX Enbankment Slide – KLX-184
- KliX Spinning Play – Spinning Disc
- KliX Cross Challenge Natural – Rope Traverse
- KliX Nature Play – Balance Beam Cypress Pine 1.5m
- KliX Nature Play – Iron Bark Alligator Crossing
- KliX Nature Play – Iron Bark Hopping Log
- KliX Fitness Station – FX-006